Disk serial number changer
Welcome to 2Tware Volume Serial Number Modfier
2Tware Volume Serial Number Modfier is a tool to change the hard drive volume serial number. This disk serial number is automatically generated and assigned when you format a disk partition and there is no documented way to change it without reformatting the disk volume. The format of volume serial number is: XXXX-XXXX (X maybe 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F). 2Tware Volume Serial Number Modifer allows you to modify your disk drive's volume serial number (not hard disk's physical serial number which you can find at back of your hard disk) without reformatting your hard drive.2Tware Volume Serial Number Modifer supports NTFS, FAT and FAT32 file systems.
Modify Volume Serial Number
To modify a Volume Serial Number, please follow below steps:
1. Close all other running program.
2. Select the drive to be modified.
3. Enter new Volume Serial Number, the format of Volume Serial Number is "XXXX-XXXX".
4. Press "Modify Now" button.
5. Reboot your computer
Volume Serial Number Editor System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows® 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, 7 (x86 and x64) or higher
- >= Pentium 150 MHz or faster processor (recommended: Pentium 250 MHz)
- >= 16MB or more RAM (recommended: 32MB)
- A hard disk with at least 2 MB free space
- A Microsoft or 100% compatible mouse (recommended)
- Microsoft HTML Help Update
- No external programs are required.